Under 21s News, 2010/2011

Thursday 26 May - Under 21s end with a win

The under 21s completed their season with a fine 4-3 win over Greens United a couple of weeks ago, despite going three goals down inside twenty minutes. The result that has seen them finish 6th in the league table. Greens United took the lead after just 8 minutes, with further goals coming after 12 and 18 minutes respectively. The management then changed the formation and were rewarded in the 24th minute when Daryl Atkins ran on to a pass and slotted the ball home. On the half hour mark, Dylan Agyako headed home from a Freddie Boffa free kick, and eight minutes later Harry Pointing also headed home another free kick from Boffa to bring the scores level at half-time. The young Hendon side then had most of the play in the second half, and were rewarded after 69 minutes when a corner from Boffa wasn't cleared properly and Agyako slotted home his second goal of the afternoon. "It was a very good game," said joint-manager Eamon Finn after the game. "At 3-0 down the boys didn't let their heads drop and played with real passion. "Dean Roper and Harry Pointing were very strong in defence after the change was made in the first half, and Freddie Boffa's left foot played a part in three of the goals. "However, my man of the match is Dylan Agyako for his two goals and tireless running in midfield."

Posted at 20:58

Monday 11 April - Under-strength Under-21s suffer

Hendon Under-21s were hit by three late withdrawals for their fixture against West Essex at Hackney Marshes on Saturday and paid the price, going down to a 3-0 defeat. Already planning to field a few of the fringe players, manager Eamon Finn had to make additional changes and West Essex took full toll in the opening 20 minutes. They scored after 13 and 17 minutes to take a stranglehold on the game and although Hendon certainly improved after changing formation and making a couple of personnel alterations, the die was cast. In the second half it was much more of a contest, but West Essex did extend their lead 20 minutes into the period, but it was the final goal of the match. "They were worthy winners," Finn admitted, "but we were hampered by the players being unavailable at short notice. We changed our style and pattern late in the first half and we were much stronger in the second half. My man of the match was Ollie Weston, one of those who had to move to a different position. He went from midfield to right back, but was excellent and he showed his positional awareness by clearing two efforts off our line."

Posted at 16:12

Monday 04 April - Under 21s return to winning ways

Hendon Under-21s made their class tell against Wilberforce Wanderers at John Lyon School on Saturday, winning the encounter 5-2. In the seventh minute, the Hendon goalkeeper punched clear a cross and, on the counter-attack, Hendon went all the way to the other end and Ercan Yildirim converted the chance that came his way. Nine minutes later, Freddie Boffa made it 2-0 with a neat finish. Five minutes before half-time Hendon added a third goal, from the penalty spot, when Conrad Lewis was fouled and Daryl Atkins converted from 12 yards. Five minutes into the second half, Dean Roper made it 4-0, on the rebound after an Atkins header had been saved by the Wilberforce goalkeeper. But the Wanderers weren't prepared to lay down without a fight and their goals after 62 and 67 minutes meant the match was far from over. And things got worse for Hendon before they got better as, in the 82nd minute, Niall Houghton was red-carded for retaliating to an original incident not spotted by the referee. In stoppage time, however, Hendon made the game safe when Roper scored his second of the afternoon. "Overall, this was a much better performance," said manager Eamon Finn. "We kept up our momentum going from previous weeks, but this time our finishing was better. My man of the match was Daryl Atkins, who not only scored a penalty, but also created two other goals and was excellent in possession and with his passing."

Posted at 12:56

Monday 28 March - Under 21s pay the price for enterprise

Hendon Under-21s were undone by their inability to turn pressure and enterprise into goals as the more direct St Lawrence beat them 3-1 at Chase Lodge on Saturday. An offside decision, apparently incorrect, denied Hendon the opening goal after 14 minutes and, from the free-kick, St Lawrence launched an attack and their goal counted. It took Hendon until 16 minutes into the second half to get back on level terms. A Freddie Boffa free-kick was controlled by Dean Roper and he drilled it into the back of the net. But St Lawrence's uncomplicated style put Hendon under pressure and a defensive lapse gifted them a second goal after 66 minutes. Seven minutes later, as Hendon chased the game, they overcommitted to attack and St Lawrence added a third on the break. Manager Eamon Finn said, "The boys played really well today and a draw would have been a fair result. I think we played all the football today, but we could not cope with their direct style. My man of the match was Dean Roper, who scored our goal and was generally excellent in midfield."

Posted at 12:36

Monday 21 March - Defeat for under 21s

Hendon Under-21s suffered a 2-0 defeat against Vallance at Victoria Park onSaturday. The two Vallance goalscorers were striker Mehmood Kamal and Y. Salahudien, though Hendon certainly made them work for their victory, because the Kent club named their goalkeeper James Vincent as their man of the match. Hendon remain fourth in the table, three points behind second-placed West Essex, but they have played two games more and have only four matches remaining.

Posted at 12:49

Monday 14 March - Under 21s top the team

Hendon Under-21s produced an excellent performance to overcome FC Team at John Lyons School on Saturday. They got off to a great start, scoring in the fifth minute when a free-kick by Freddie Boffa was turned into the net by Daryl Atkins with a clinical shot. Just before half-time the same two players combined again, a cross from Boffa being headed home by Atkins. FC Team came out for the second half determined to get back into the game and their early pressure was rewarded by a goal after 50 minutes. For the next 40-odd minutes there was little to choose between the two teams, but it was Hendon who made the game safe in the second minute of stoppage time. The visitors won a corner, for which their goalkeeper came up to lend his height. However, Hendon were able to clear the ball downfield and, with the goalkeeper unable to get back to his own penalty area, Conrad Lewis was able to slot the ball into the empty net. "Our new formation worked very well for us today," said happy manager Eamon Finn. "We played really well in the first half and it was an excellent match too. My man of the match was Freddie Boffa, who was outstanding in midfield. His distribution was excellent and he created the first two goals."

Posted at 16:48

Monday 21 February - Under 21s pay for missed chances

Hendon Under-21s were made to pay for their profligacy in front of goal and lapses at the back as Bethnal Green United A ran out 4-2 winners at Victoria Park on Saturday afternoon. It took five minutes for Bethnal Green to take the lead, but Hendon hit back very quickly, equalising just three minutes later. A well-placed cross was headed into the net by Ercan Yildirim to make it 1-1. Hendon really should have made their first-half domination pay, but they didn't take their chances and took oranges with the scoreline unchanged. Four minutes after the resumption Bethnal Green regained the lead and they moved clear with further goals after 58 and 72 minutes. With two minutes remaining, Hendon grabbed a second consolation goal when Yildirim scored with another header. "We made a catalogue of errors," admitted manager Eamon Finn, "and we also missed far too many chances. The difference between the team was that we created chances and didn't take them; they created chances - fewer than us - and took them. My man of the match was Dylan Agyako, who was tireless in midfield and won most of his battles."

Posted at 15:07

Monday 14 February - Under 21s produce the goods

Hendon Under-21s produced an excellent performance against one of the form teams on Saturday. Against a team which had knocked off the league leaders a week earlier, Hendon looked composed and in control for most of the match. It took them until the 41st minute to break the deadlock, Ercan Yildirim running onto a through ball and finishing with aplomb. Three minutes into the second half Dylan Agyako planted a header from a corner into the net to double the Greens' advantage. Midway through the second half, Christian Ramsay turned a defender before lifting a shot into the top corner. After a 20-minute wait for a goal, Hendon took only 20 seconds to extend their lead further, Yildirim forcing a defender into an error and pouncing decisively. In the final few seconds, Rory Lincoln was brought down in the penalty area and Yildirim completed his hat-trick from the spot. "This was a really good all-round performance," said happy manager Eamon Finn. "The boys upped their game and got their rewards. Rory Lincoln was my man of the match. He put in great effort and produced an excellent performance."

Posted at 15:29

Tuesday 08 February - St John Arsenal get quick revenge over Under 21s

Hendon Under-21s were beaten by a determined St John Arsenal Deaf team in their return match at the Walker Cricket Ground, Southgate, on Saturday. It was a see-saw contest, but one in which Hendon never held the lead. Two goals in the first 20 minutes saw the hosts take a deserved lead, an England Deaf international player - who did not play in the game at John Lyon School last week - making all the difference, and he would grab a hat-trick. Hendon did pull a goal back after 31 minutes when Rory Lincoln scored, but three minutes later, it was 3-1. Daryl Atkins made it 3-2 just before the break and Dylan Agyako levelled the game in the opening seconds of the second half. That was as good as it got for Hendon, because St John Arsenal Deaf regained their lead just five minutes later and scored what proved to be the game's final goal just after the hour mark. Disappointed Hendon manager Eamon Finn said, "It was real end-to-end stuff today, but we didn't play as well as we could. It was a very good game, and we couldn’t cope with their England Deaf international. My man of the match was my skipper Niall Haughton, who led by example and had an excellent game."

Posted at 14:34

Tuesday 01 February - Under 21s win a thriller

Hendon Under-21s won their first match of 2011, coming out on top of St John Arsenal Deaf in a seven-goal thriller at John Lyon School on Saturday afternoon. They could not have made a better start to the contest, opening the scoring inside 45 seconds, Freddie Boffa the marksman, after he was sent clear down the middle. Midway through the first half, St John Arsenal Deaf drew level, but Hendon regained the lead just before half-time when Ercan Yildirim set up Dylan Agyako. Seven minutes into the second half, Boffa scored his second goal of the afternoon, this time with a fine long-range strike. But the game was far from over, especially when the visitors reduced the arrears with 11 minutes remaining. Three minutes later, the two goal advantage was restored when a Boffa corner was put into the back of the net by Daryl Atkins. It proved to be the back-breaker for St John Arsenal Deaf, and although they again halved the deficit, the match was deep in stoppage time and they had no time to get a fourth goal. "The boys played very well today," said delighted manager Eamon Finn. "They were more composed and showed better concentration and I am very pleased that we made something of our chances this week. My man of the match was Freddie Boffa, who not only played very well, but also he scored two goals and had an assist into the bargain."

Posted at 15:50

Monday 24 January - Under 21s pay for missed chances

Hendon Under-21s were somewhat unfortunate to lose 3-1 to FC Romania at John Lyon School in Saturday's clash. They had two great chances to open the scoring, Ercan Yildirim being denied by the goalkeeper in a one-on-one situation and Gallmar Galean hitting the crossbar, but caught on the break against the run of play in the 31st minute, Hendon fell behind. Another lapse led to the second FC Romania goal, again a little against the run of play, and, once more, because of an error, this time after 65 minutes. Four minutes later, Hendon deserved pulled a goal back, thanks to an effort from Freddie Boffa. But, as Hendon pressed for an equaliser, they left gaps at the back and, ten minutes from time they were caught out on a quick break and the visitors made it 3-1. Manager Eamon Finn said, "They were more composed than us and held us off. It is very disappointing to lose in this way, but it is one of those things. Just as in the first game, they were more clinical than us and made us pay for mistakes. My man of the match was Dylan Agyako, who was superb in midfield, though he was pushed hard for the award by Freddie Boffa and Dean Roper."

Posted at 15:30

Monday 17 January - Under 21s lose in Division One Cup

Hendon Under-21s went out of the Middlesex County League Division One Cup on Saturday afternoon when they were beaten 2-1 by LPOSSA in a match switched to the Greens' John Lyons School ground. Hendon started very brightly and forced a couple of chance before they went behind, against the run of play, in the ninth minute. Briefly knocked back the goal, Hendon continued to press and they got their reward in the 32nd minute when Daryl Atkins equalised. In the second half, both teams created chances, but the better ones fell to Hendon and they saw one effort rebound off the crossbar and another cleared off the goalline. LPOSSA did hit the post, but they spent much of the period defending. Then, with four minutes remaining, LPOSSA broke away and scored what proved to be the match-winner. "Although I am disappointed to lose," said philosophical manager Eamon Finn, "I am really pleased with the overall performance. The boys played very, very well. We had a very young team out today and LPOSSA, who much older than us, used their experience to win the game. My man of the match was Joe Margerisson, who was absolutely outstanding at the back."

Posted at 15:15

Monday 13 December - Under 21s avenge cup defeat

Hendon Under-21s gained sweet revenge on the team which ended their cup hopes a few weeks ago with a comprehensive 5-1 victory over St Lawrence at John Lyon School on Saturday afternoon. With the first choice goalkeeper unavailable, Hendon turned to former Under-16s goalkeeper Liam Hyland and he had a day to remember, saving a penalty after 19 minutes. By this time Hendon were already two goals to the good, both coming in the 12th minute. Daryl Atkins got the first and, straight from the kick-off, Hendon regained possession and Ercan Yildirim scored with a long-range shot. Hyland was beaten just before half-time, but Hendon restored their two-goal advantage six minutes into the second period when Atkins grabbed his second of the afternoon. Hendon totally dominated the game from then on and would have extended their advantage significantly if not for an outstanding performance from the visiting goalkeeper. He was left helpless, however, in the 77th minute, when Atkins completed his hat-trick, and again two minutes later when Conrad Lewis completed the scoring. "We should have won by a lot more than 5-1 today," said happy manager Eamon Finn, "but their goalkeeper was in super form. All in all it was a good day at the races. My man of the match was Liam Hyland, a 16-year-old goalkeeper, who saved a penalty on his debut."

Posted at 17:27

Monday 29 November - Under 21s slip up

Hendon Under-21s had few problems with their John Lyon School pitch on Saturday afternoon, but opponents West Essex proved more difficult to deal with and the visitors left with the spoils, 3-1 the final score. West Essex took the lead after 23 minutes, but Hendon drew level ten minutes later when Ashley Thomas scored. That was the last score of the first half and the second half remained just as even. However, West Essex took advantage of a momentary loss of concentration in the Hendon defence to take a 2-1 lead after 64 minutes. Hendon tried hard to battle back and their two best chances ended the visiting goalkeeper pushing a shot against a post and another effort being cleared off the line. Overcommitted to attack, Hendon ran the risk of conceding for a third time, and those fears were realised in the 86th minute. After that, West Essex were able to see out time, although they were grateful to go home with maximum points. Hendon manager Eamon Finn said, "I am pleased with the performance, though with the result. We played very well and created enough chances, but were beaten by a more clinical team. We were to pay for losing our concentration in defence. My man of the match was Ashley Thomas, who scored our goal, but had an outstanding game in any case."

Posted at 19:07

Monday 22 November - Ercan shows he can

Hendon Under-21s revival in form continued on Saturday as they overcame The Wilberforce Wanderers 5-2. The game was a personal triumph for Ercan Yildirim who scored four times and had a fifth disallowed. Hendon took the lead after 12 minutes, courtesy of Rory Lincoln, and Yildirim made it 2-0 four minutes later. The advantage was halved after 20 minutes, but a second goal for Yildirim, 13 minutes before the interval ensured Hendon enjoyed their oranges with a two-goal cushion. Once more, 19 minutes after the resumption, Wanderers pulled a goal back, but that was as close as they got. With 12 minutes to go, the Hendon nerves were soothed by Yildirim's hat-trick and he bagged a fourth six minutes later. "We're all working for each other," said a happy Hendon manager, Eamon Finn, "and the team is taking shape. I have got a really good set of kids now. My man of the match was an easy decision: it goes to the four-goal man Ercan Yildirim."

Posted at 19:47

Tuesday 09 November - Under 21s avenge cup loss

Hendon Under-21s kept their nerve and their discipline and avenged their recent 3-0 cup defeat at the hands of FC Vallence by beating them 4–1 at John Lyon School on Saturday. They got off to a great start when Ercan Yildirim netted inside two minutes and they were comfortably on top until losing concentration and conceding a goal 10 minutes before half-time. Fourteen minutes after the break, Daryl Atkins restored Hendon's lead and, after another 14 minutes, his excellent approach play led to a Vallance player scoring an own goal. Playing with the confidence that comes from a clear lead, Hendon completed the scoring in the last couple of minutes, Atkins grabbing his second. "We played really well today," said happy manager Eamon Finn. "The defence is getting better and better and looking more composed, too. My man of the match today was Dylan Agyako, who controlled the midfield."

Posted at 19:07

Monday 01 November - Under 21s show resolve against leaders

Hendon Under021s, still smarting from their 6–0 defeat at the hands of Bethnal Green United 'A' a week earlier, bounced back in commendable form and although they could not take all three points from leaders FC Team, they at least ended their perfect start to the season. The 2–2 away draw was more than commendable, especially given that the team ended with just nine players on the field. A debut was given to central defender Joe Margerisson, the nephew of former Fulham and Barnet midfielder John, and made a huge difference to the back line. The first half was goalless, but Hendon, having been reduced to ten men took the lead through Christian Ramsey after 61 minutes. Ten became nine after 68 minutes and while the team reorganised their depleted resources, FC Team snatched an equaliser. But Hendon showed great resilience and they regained the lead through Gilmar Galean after 72 minutes. Sadly, in the face of wave after wave of FC Team attacks, Hendon succumbed for a second time with eight minutes remaining. The defence held firm thereafter, and although the result was a draw, it felt more like a win. "We showed a great deal of commitment today," said manager Eamon Finn. "It was a very difficult afternoon. Joe Margerisson made a huge difference at the back, but my man of the match was his centre-back partner, Harry Pointing."

Posted at 17:02

Monday 25 October - Disappointment for under 21s

Hendon Under-21s were given a harsh football lesson in their encounter with Bethnal Green United 'A' at John Lyon School on Saturday afternoon. Without both first-choice centre-halves, the task was always going to be difficult for Hendon to keep out one of the division's most potent attacks. They did pretty well in the first half, but still trailed to a goal scored by Dapentiul. But it all went horribly wrong after the break and they conceded another five goals, four scored by Devlin and the other by Haliben. "It was a very difficult afternoon for us," admitted manager Eamon Finn. "Without my two best centre-halves, we did all right in the first half, but we fell apart in the second half."

Posted at 16:34

Monday 18 October - Under 21s devour the Greens

Hendon Under-21s enjoyed their biggest win of the season, a 7-1 rout of Greens United at Chase Lodge on Saturday afternoon. Ahead after six minutes, through Luke Cook, and two up three minutes later, Niall Haughton the marksman, Hendon should have been in the comfort zone long before half time, especially after Daryl Atkins had made it 3-0 after 19 minutes. However, after 25 minutes, Greens United pulled a goal back and they had a man advantage after Christian Ramsey was dismissed in the 33rd minute, violently retaliating to a dangerous challenge from an opponent who received only a yellow card. But three minutes later, Dean Roper scored and Hendon turned around three goals to the good. Six minutes into the second half, Atkins grabbed his second and the 10 men extended their advantage in the 76th minute, when Gillmar Galean got the sixth of the afternoon. The agony was not quite over for Greens United, because with two minutes to go, Freddie Boffa got his name on the scoresheet. "This was a huge improvement," said delighted manager Eamon Finn. "We have started to play really well and we dominated the game, even though we had only 10 men for nearly an hour. My man of the match was Gillmar Galean."

Posted at 17:16

Monday 11 October - Under 21s pick up first win

Hendon Under-21s got their first win of the season under their belts as they saw off North London Academy at John Lyon School on Saturday. They took the lead after 14 minutes, courtesy of Luke Cooke, but were pegged back within three minutes. In the first minute of the second half, Hendon were awarded a penalty, which Freddy Boffa confidently converted and, 13 minutes later, Daryl Atkins doubled the Hendon lead. That proved to be the first four goals which came in a ten-minute burst. After 64 minutes North London Academy made it 3–2, and, four minutes later, they equalised for the second time. But Hendon bounced back and, less than 60 seconds later, a visiting defender was put the ball past his goalkeeper for an own goal. Despite plenty of Hendon pressure they could not get another goal, but the defence was resolute and they rarely looked like conceding. "It was a thoroughly enjoyable game," said happy manager Eamon Finn, "and we deserved to win it. We were on top and created many chances, but didn't take them. My man of the match was Freddy Boffa, who was excellent in midfield.”

Posted at 15:49

Monday 04 October - Last minute cup misery for under 21s

Hendon Under-21s went out of the Middlesex Junior Cup in their first match in this season's competition, losing 3-2 to St Lawrence, who scored their winner in the final minute. It was a desperately disappointing result, especially after the team put in what was easily their best performance of the season. The only thing that was lacking was efficiency in front of goal, as a number of excellent chances were squandered. Hendon took the lead after 40 minutes when Dylan Agyako scored, but St Lawrence drew level ten minutes into the second half. Nine minutes later Hendon were behind, but they showed excellent spirit in coming back to equalise after 73 minutes, Agyako again the man on target. As the game moved into the final minute, Hendon allowed their concentration to drop and St Lawrence pounced for the winner. "A goal that late really hurts," said manager Eamon Finn. "It was easily our best performance of the season, and every one of the players did well. My man of the match, however, was Dylan Agyako, who was superb in midfield and took his goals well."

Posted at 15:28

Monday 27 September - Late goals too much for under 21s

Hendon Under-21s went out of the Middlesex County Football League Senior Open Cup in the second round after losing 3-0 at home to Vallance at John Lyon School on Saturday. There was little to choose between the two teams, except in the finishing department. A goal after 24 minutes put Vallance in control and although Hendon had chances to draw level, they failed to take them. With time running out, Hendon went to a more attacking formation and were made to pay as Vallance added goals in the 82nd and 89th minutes to give the final scoreline a very unflattering look. Hendon manager Eamon Finn said, "We didn't take our chances and they made us pay. They were more clinical in front of goal. But we will learn from this and get better. My man of the match was Ashley Thomas."

Posted at 16:26

Monday 20 September - Bad first half too much

Hendon Under-21s were forced into late changes to their starting line-up as transport difficulties kept two players away and they were unable to overcome a four-goal salvo from Regent's Park in this encounter on Saturday, losing 4-1. It took just four minutes for Regent's Park to take the lead and they doubled their advantage midway through the first half. A free-kick from Stephen Cunningham reduced the arrears after 31 minutes, but Regent's Park added two more goals, three minutes after Cunningham's strike and on the stroke of half-time. The two late-comers were introduced for the second half and their presence made it a far more even contest with the hosts creating only one goal-scoring opportunity in the second 45 minutes. Hendon, however, for all their pressure, could not make another breakthrough and slipped to a disappointing defeat. "If we had been able to play our strongest available team in the first half," said manager Eamon Finn, "I am sure we would have got a result. My man of the match was Harry Pointing."

Posted at 15:26

Saturday 11 September - Cunningham on target in opening draw

The under 21s opened their Middlesex County League season this afternoon with a trip to FC Romania. They came away with a 1-1 draw, with their goal coming courtesy of a 15th minute penalty converted by Stephen Cunningham.

Posted at 17:33

Saturday 04 September - Under 21s end pre-season with win

The under 21s completed their pre-season campaign with a 3-1 victory at Hillingdon Borough, despite going behind to a 4th minute goal. Ronan O'Rourke equalised in the 26th minute, before the same player put the Greens ahead shortly after the hour mark. Stephen Cunningham missed a penalty in the 80th minute but made amends three minutes later when he completed the scoring. The league campaign starts next week with an away game at FC Romania.

Posted at 20:12

Wednesday 01 September - Away draw in county cup

The Under 21s have been given an away draw in the Middlesex Junior Cup, the first season the team has entered this competition. The game is away to St Lawrence, and will be played on Saturday 2nd October. The first team entered the competition before the club became a senior club in 1912 but never won it.

Posted at 09:24

Tuesday 31 August - Win and draw for under 21s

Our under 21s have had a win and a draw over the past few days. On Friday evening, they played Manor FC and came away with a superb 13-2 victory. Daryl Atkins led the way with 6 goals whilst Luke Cook scored 3. Also on the scoresheet were Stephen Cunningham, Dean Roper and Christian Hall-Ramsay, with the other goal being an own goal. Then, this evening, they played Potters Bar Town Reserves again, and lost 4-1, Cunningham scoring the consolation from the penalty spot. They have one more friendly left, against Hillingdon Borough, on Saturday, before starting competitive fixtures the following week.

Posted at 21:54

Sunday 22 August - Under 21s win friendly

Hendon Under-21s enjoyed a victory in a friendly against Borehamwood 2000 on Friday night. They trailed to a goal after nine minutes, but were level through Stephen Cunningham midway through the first half. The winner came from Freddie Boffa six minutes into the second half.

Posted at 09:07

Saturday 14 August - Under 21s defeated

In the first game of today's double header, the under 21s were beaten 4-2 by Potters Bar Town's second string. Despite the result, it was a decent performance from the squad, with Daryl Atkins and Stephen Cunningham scoring the goals. Team : J Roberts, N Haughton, A Thomas, G Rodriguez Galean, D Agyako, G Okyere, C Hall-Ramsay, D Roper, D Atkins, S Cunningham, A Trialist. Subs : T Durrant, F Boffa, B Trialist, C Lewis, R O'Rourke.

Posted at 17:00

Friday 06 August - Another good win for under 21s

The under 21s continued their preparations for the new season with a convincing 7-3 win over Green Dragon. The under 21s open their league season on September 11th when they travel to FC Romania, before entertaining Regents Park the following week. On September 25th they have a second round league cup tie at home to Vallance.

Posted at 21:20

Thursday 29 July - Impressive win for Under 21s

Our under 21 side played their first friendly of pre-season this evening and had an impressive 5-0 victory over Sport London e Benfica FC. Joint-manager Graeme Bourne was delighted with the result, and especially the performance against a side who play two levels above our U21s in the Spartan South Midlands League.

Posted at 21:21